Gap Filler 1000SR (Two-Part)
Features & Benefits
- Thermal conductivity: 1.0 W/m-K
- Excellent slump resistance (stays in place)
- Ultra-conforming, with excellent wet-out for low stress interface applications
- 100% Solids – no cure by-products
- Excellent low and high temperature mechanical and chemical stability
Gap Filler 1000SR is a two-part, thermally conductive, liquid gap filling material that features superior slump resistance. The mixed system will cure at room temperature and can be accelerated with the addition of heat. Unlike cured thermal pad materials, a liquid approach offers infinite thickness variations with little or no stress to sensitive components during assembly. As cured, Gap Filler 1000SR provides a soft, thermally conductive, form-in-place elastomer that is ideal for fragile assemblies or for filling unique and intricate air voids and gaps. Gap Filler 1000SR exhibits low level natural tack characteristics and is intended for use in applications where a strong structural bond is not required.
Typical Applications include
- Automotive electronics
- Computer and peripherals
- Between any heat-generating semiconductor and a heat sink
|Properties||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Density (Bulk Rubber) (g/cc)||2.0||2.0||ASTM D792|
|Color / Part A||Violet||Violet||Visual|
|Color / Part B||White||White||Visual|
|Shelf Life @ 25ºC (months)||6||6||***|
|Viscosity, High Shear (Pa-s) (1)||20||20||ASTM D5099|
|Electrical||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Dielectric Constant (1000 Hz)||5.1||5.1||ASTM D150|
|Volume Resistivity (Ohm-meter)||10^11||10^11||ASTM D257|
|Flame Rating||V-O||V-O||U.L. 94|
|Dielectric Strength (V/mil)/(V/mm)||500||500||ASTM D149|
|Thermal||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Thermal Conductivity (W/m-K)||1.0||1.0||ASTM D5470|
|Property as Cured||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Hardness (Shore 00) (2)||75||75||ASTM D2240|
|Heat Capacity (J/g-K)||1.0||1.0||ASTM E1269|
|Continuous Use Temp (°F) / (°C)||-76 to 347||-60 to 175||***|
|Cure Schedule||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Pot Life @ 25ºC (min) (3)||60||60||***|
|Cure @ 25ºC (min) (4)||20||20||***|
|Cure @ 100ºC (min) (4)||10||10||***|
- (1) Capillary Viscosity, Initial, 4501 sec-1. Part A and B measured separately.
- (2) Thirty second delay value Shore 00 hardness scale.
- (3) ARES Parallel Plate Rheometer - Working life as liquid, time for modulus to double.
- (4) ARES Parallel Plate Rheometer - Estimated time to read 90% cure.
- Supplied in cartridge or kit form