Gap Pad HC 5.0
Features & Benefits
- Thermal Conductivity: 5.0 W/m-K
- High-compliance, low compression stress
- Fiberglass reinforced for shear and tear resistance
GAP PAD™ HC 5.0 is a soft and compliant gap filling material with a thermal conductivity of 5.0 W/m-K. The material offers exceptional thermal performance at low pressures due to a unique filler package and low-modulus resin formulation. The enhanced material is ideal for applications requiring low stress on components and boards during assembly. GAP PAD™ HC 5.0 maintains a conformable nature that allows for excellent interfacing and wet-out characteristics, even to surfaces with high roughness and/or topography.
Typical Applications include
- ASICs and DSPs
- Consumer electronics
- Thermal modules to heat sinks
|Properties||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Inherent Surface Tack||2||2||***|
|Density (Bulk Rubber) (g/cc)||3.2||3.2||ASTM D792|
|Heat Capacity (J/g-K)||1.0||1.0||ASTM E1269|
|Hardness (Bulk Rubber) (Shore 00) (1)||35||35||ASTM 2240|
|Young's Modulus (psi) / (kPa) (2)||17.5||121||ASTM D575|
|Typical Use Temp (°F) / (°C)||-76 to 392||-60 to 200||***|
|Thickness (inch) / (mm) (3)||0.020 - 0.125||0.508 - 3.175||ASTM D374|
|Electrical||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Dielectric Breakdown Voltage (Vac)||>5000||>5000||ASTM D149|
|Dielectric Constant (1000 Hz)||8.0||8.0||ASTM D150|
|Volume Resistivity (Ohm-meter)||10^10||10^10||ASTM D257|
|Flame Rating||V-O||V-O||U.L. 94|
|Thermal||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Thermal Conductivity (W/m-K) (4)||5.0||5.0||ASTM D5470|
|Shield / Copper Thickness (inches)||1|
|Deflection (% strain)||10||20||30|
|Thermal Impedance (ºC-in2/W) 0.040"||0.32||0.29||0.25|
- (1) Thirty second delay value on Shore 00 hardness scale.
- (2) Young’s Modulus, calculated using 0.01 in/min. step rate of strain with a sample size of 0.79 inch^2 after 5 minutes of compression at 10% strain on a 1mm thickness material.
- (3) Custom thicknesses available. Please contact your Henkel Sales Representative for more information.
- (4) The ASTM D5470 test fixture was used. The recorded value includes interfacial thermal resistance. These values are provided for reference only. Actual application performance is directly related to the surface roughness, flatness and pressure applied.