Thermal Materials for Computer, Storage & Gaming
The modern computer sector is about far more than desktops and laptops. As home entertainment systems have taken hold and set-top boxes become multi-functional, computing extends beyond conventional definitions. For desktop and gaming applications, increased CPU and GPU power along with maximum memory performance are musts; managing the heat generated by expanded function is essential. These applications generally have reduced thermal resistance requirements with very thin bondlines, making Henkel’s phase change thermal interface materials the ideal thermal control solution. Similarly, as laptops continue to get thinner and lighter with increased battery capability, thin bondline thermal interface materials with superior thermal performance are required. The TV market has also seen a dramatic shift, as set-top boxes now make the television a virtual computer, combining traditional function in addition to modem, router and streaming technology. For these devices, multiple thermal materials approaches are needed and Henkel’s broad range of GAP PADS and liquid GAP FILLERS enable today’s set-top boxes to unite aesthetics and performance.
Why Phase Change?
- Mess-free alternative to thermal grease; remains solid until specified flow temperature
- Do not attract contaminants
- Easy shipping and handling
- Exceptional thermal performance for CPU reliability
- Simplified handling; tack-free, tackified and printable formulations
- Simplified application
- Reduced Pump out VS grease
- No protective liner required