Thermal Materials for the Mobile Business
More powerful smartphones, tablets and wearables are pushing the limits of power density. The constant drive to pack exponential increases in capability while simultaneously reducing the space in which to house the expanded function is making thermal control among (if not THE) the most pressing primary reliability issues for today’s handheld devices. The reality is that thermal limits aren’t changing; battery, DRAM and die temperature boundaries remain constant even as their power and capability grow, making heat dissipation more difficult. Henkel’s GAP PAD, liquid GAP FILLER and phase change thermal interface materials are providing the solution. Available in several formats – from custom, die-cut, varying-thickness pads to high-volume, high-throughput liquids – and a range of thermal conductivities, Henkel’s award–winning thermal control materials are making modern mobile connectivity possible.
Why Phase Change?
- Mess-free alternative to thermal grease; remains solid until specified flow temperature
- Do not attract contaminants
- Easy shipping and handling
- Exceptional thermal performance for CPU reliability
- Simplified handling; tack-free, tackified and printable formulations
- Simplified application
- Reduced Pump out VS grease
- No protective liner required