Features & Benefits
- TO-220 Thermal performances: 2.3°C/W, initial pressure only lamination
- Exceptional dielectric strength
- Very low interfacial resistance
- Continuous use of -60 to 180°C
- Eliminates mechanical fasteners
Bond-Ply® LMS-HD is a thermally conductive heat curable laminate material. The product consists of a high performance thermally conductive low modulus silicone compound coated on a cured core, and double lined with protective films. The low modulus silicone design effectively absorbs mechanical stresses induced by assembly-level CTE mismatch, shock and vibration while providing exceptional thermal performance (vs PSA technologies) and long-term integrity. Bond-Ply® LMS-HD will typically be used for structurally adhering power components and PCBs to a heat sink.
Typical Applications include
- Discrete semi-conductor packages bonded to heat spreader or heat sink
|Properties||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Typical Use Temp (°F) / (°C)||-76 to 356||-60 to 180||***|
|Thickness (inch) / (mm)||0.010, 0.018||0.254, 0.457||ASTM D374|
|Flame Rating||V-O||U.L. 94|
|Breakdown Voltage, Sheet (Vac)||5000||ASTM D149|
|Breakdown Voltage, Laminated (Vac)||4000||ASTM D149|
|Dielectric Constant (1000 Hz)||5.0||ASTM D150|
|Volume Resistivity (Ohm-meter)||10^11||ASTM D257|
|Post-Cured Thermal Conductivity (W/m-K) (1)||1.4||ASTM D5470|
|Lamination Pressure (75 psi)||Constant||IPO|
|TO-220 Thermal Performance (°C/W)||2.1||2.3|
|Adhesion||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Lap Shear @ RT (psi) / (MPa) (2)||200||1.4||ASTM D1002|
- (1) The ASTM D5470 (Henkel Modified) test procedure was used on post-cured LMS-HD material. The recorded value includes interfacial thermal resistance. These values are given for customer reference only.
- (2) The ASTM D149 test method on cured LMS-HD material. No pressure was applied to the LMS-HD during the cure cycle.
- Roll form
- Die-cut parts
- Sheet form
Shelf Life: The Bond-Ply LMS-HD is a heat-cured material and should be stored in temperature controlled conditions. The recommended storage temperature range of 5-25°C should be used to maintain optimum characteristics for a 5-month shelf life.