GAP PAD HC 3.0
Features & Benefits
- Thermal conductivity: 3.0 W/m-K
- Highly conformable, low compression stress
- Fiberglass reinforced for shear and tear resistance
Gap Pad® HC 3.0 is a soft gap filling material rated at a thermal conductivity of 3.0 W/m-K. The material offers exceptional thermal performance at low pressures due to a unique 3.0 W/m-K filler package and low-modulus resin formulation. The enhanced material is well suited for high performance applications requiring low assembly stress. Gap Pad® HC 3.0 maintains a conformable nature that allows for excellent interfacing and wet-out characteristics, even to surfaces with high roughness and/or topography. Gap Pad® HC 3.0 is offered with natural inherent tack on one side of the material, eliminating the need for thermally-impeding adhesive layers. The top side has minimal tack for ease of handling. Gap Pad® HC 3.0 is supplied with protective liners on both sides.
Typical Applications include
- Consumer electronics
- ASICs and DSPs
- Thermal modules to heat sinks
|Properties||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Inherent Surface Tack||2||2||***|
|Density (Bulk Rubber) (g/cc)||3.1||3.1||ASTM D792|
|Heat Capacity (J/g-K)||1.0||1.0||ASTM E1269|
|Hardness (Bulk Rubber) (Shore 00) (1)||15||15||ASTM D2240|
|Young's Modulus (psi) / (kPa) (2)||16||110||ASTM D575|
|Typical Use Temp (°F) / (°C)||-76 to 392||-60 to 200||***|
|Thickness (inch) / (mm)||0.020 to 0.125||0.508 to 3.175||ASTM D374|
|Electrical||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Dielectric Breakdown Voltage (Vac)||>5000||>5000||ASTM D149|
|Dielectric Constant (1000 Hz) (3)||6.5||6.5||ASTM D150|
|Volume Resistivity (Ohm-meter)||10^10||10^10||ASTM D257|
|Flame Rating||V-O||V-O||U.L. 94|
|Thermal||Imperial Value||Metric Value||Test Method|
|Thermal Conductivity (W/m-K) (3)||3.0||3.0||ASTM D5470|
|Shield / Copper Thickness (inches)||1|
|Deflection (% strain)||10||20||30|
|Thermal Impedance (ºC-in2/W) 0.040"||0.57||0.49||0.44|
- (1) Thirty second delay value on Shore 00 hardness scale.
- (2) Young’s Modulus, calculated using 0.01 in/min. step rate of strain with a sample size of 0.79 inch^2 after 5 minutes of compression at 10% strain on a 1mm thickness material.
- (3) Minimum value at 20 mil.
- Sheet form and die-cut parts